For inclusive ecommerce platforms, Shopify comes first. Shopify is considered to be the best choice for e-commerce businesses. Since e-commerce is a diverse and expanding market, it is not possible for one software to provide all solutions for every e-commerce business and Shopify alternatives are needed. Fortunately, some retailers have filled the void left by
For inclusive ecommerce platforms, Shopify comes first. Shopify is considered to be the best choice for e-commerce businesses. Since e-commerce is a diverse and expanding market, it is not possible for one software to provide all solutions for every e-commerce business and Shopify alternatives are needed.
Fortunately, some retailers have filled the void left by giants like Shopify. In this article, check out some of the best Shopify alternatives with better features, prices and performance.
Similar to Shopify, BigCommerce can support and create a large online store. It gives users access to over 600 product categories. While Shopify offers more features, BigCommerce shines in three areas.
The first is payment processing. Shopify charges transaction fees for using payment processors other than Shopify Payments. These fees range from 0.5% to 2%, depending on your plan. On the other hand, BigCommerce does not charge any transaction fees when you work with a third-party payment processor. Also, if you use PayPal, you can get a discounted credit card processing rate.
Second, SecoMerchants and BigCommerce can apply credit to customers’ accounts for future purchases. It offers order editing and customer credit features missing from Shopify and appeared to be one of the best Shopify alternatives.
The third is friendship. Both platforms are easy to use, but according to user reviews, BigCommerce seems to be more intuitive.
WooCommerce is an open source ecommerce plugin built for WordPress. It allows users to use the most powerful Content Management System (CMS) and use it to create an online store. Due to its open nature, as a user, you can easily customize every part of your store and build custom extensions. The decision to choose between WooCommerce and Shopify depends on your needs and skill level.
The main advantage of WooCommerce is cost. Aside from the hosting fee and security fee, you can call it the “free version of Shopify.” Also, you have full control over your website and can customize it according to your needs without spending money.
PinnacleCart is a customized online shopping cart that is easy to set up and use. It allows users to organize online stores, manage product catalogs, create marketing campaigns and collect web surveys. It also welcomes international customers as it supports multiple languages and currencies. It also offers free migration from 40 different shopping carts and design and SEO services.
It also provides powerful support that allows the creation of custom web stores, the management of product catalogs, the creation of marketing campaigns and the collection of web collections.
Squarespace is known for its template design for specific business purposes. It offers its customers the opportunity to showcase their products through a well-organized and unique gallery.
A good choice for small shops. Squarespace is the perfect choice if you’re looking for custom listings, taxes, shipping options, and more. Here are some of the unique features Squarespace is working on that make it stand among the Shopify alternatives:
- Page editor: Squarespace allows users to drag and drop content blocks into columns while having a drag and drop page editor interface. Squarespace has a better page editor because it allows users to create forms, maps, restaurant menus, buttons, players, photo galleries, charts, and more.
- Template Design: Squarespace includes the best theme design tools of any website builder and Shopify. As a user, you can easily add color to your fonts using Squarespace. In short, we can say that Squarespace has done a lot of useful things in template design.
Founded in 1999, the Austin company is one of the oldest in the e-commerce market. It is one of the top platforms among Shopify alternatives, serving more than 200,000 businesses.
Here are the areas that make Volusion a good choice:
- Payment Processing: Included in all its plans, it offers payments using Stripe, PayPal and their own Volusion Payments. Unlike Shopify, it does not charge transaction fees to other payment systems.
- Features and Expertise: With 20 years of experience in e-commerce, Volusion offers many features including slideshow, rich content editor, shipping options, secure checkout, recurring payments, relationship management marketing (CRM), and others.
Since Magento is an open source platform, it is free to download and fully customizable. Unlike Shopify, creating your ecommerce store is not easy because it requires programming skills. Also, you will need development equipment.
If you want more built-in features than a Shopify store, you should choose Magento over Shopify. E.g.:
- If your core business requires end-to-end management of your e-commerce workflow.
- Managing warehouses with large inventory and SKUs requires advanced shipping fulfillment systems (inventory management, purchase orders, shipping, etc.)
- If you want to keep most, if not all, functionality in-house without the need for other systems or subscriptions.
Wix is a drag-and-drop website builder that allows users to create professional websites without knowing a single line of code. With hundreds of templates and tools, Wix helps users build and sell through their websites. When comparing Wix to Shopify, Wix offers a beginner-friendly ecommerce feature for small online stores. On the other hand, Shopify is suitable for large stores because it can easily manage thousands of store items. Wix Business plans start at $23 per month, while Shopify Basic starts at $26 per month.
You should choose Wix over Shopify for the following criteria or factors:
- If your project is limited and your business scope is small.
- You don’t want to spend a lot of time and money and still be looking for a good e-commerce site.