Before moving towards the topic, we must be aware of what a healthy diet is! A healthy diet means protection from malnutrition. MALNUTRITION: Malnutrition is a condition of not taking the right or balanced amount of nutrients. There are two conditions. Undernutrition: This means poor nutrition, and eating less than required. Overnutrition: Taking more nutrients
Before moving towards the topic, we must be aware of what a healthy diet is!
A healthy diet means protection from malnutrition.
Malnutrition is a condition of not taking the right or balanced amount of nutrients. There are two conditions.
Undernutrition: This means poor nutrition, and eating less than required.
Overnutrition: Taking more nutrients that are not required.
I explained it in the easiest way so you’ll understand it in a blink of an eye. So a healthy diet is very important for our body to work throughout the day and to tackle everyday challenges. Healthy diet safes us from illness and deficiencies in the body like iron, zinc, and vitamins A, B, C, and E.
Now let’s make a move toward the benefits of eating a balanced diet.
Strong bones and teeth:
- To keep your teeth and bones strong you’ve to add calcium to your diet.
- Calcium intake helps to slow down the process of bone weakening (Osteoporosis).
- The most common source of calcium is dairy products and milk, but you can also get it from other foods like green vegetables such as broccoli and kale, pilchards, sardines, fruit juices, and cereals.
- Don’t forget to take vitamin D from the sun as it helps to absorb calcium in your body.
- In today’s world, heart diseases are increasing rapidly because of improper diet.
- So to keep yourself healthy and to prevent the risk of heart disease you’ve to increase the intake of a healthy diet.
- For example Fruits, veggies, low-fat dairy, and whole grains
- A healthy diet maintains cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Say No to too much-saturated fats and salt
- Eat a portion of oily fish such as salmon and trout a week as these fishes are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are very beneficial for heart health.
- A healthy diet plays a crucial role in brain health like thinking, attention, memory, learning, etc.
- In a 2015 study, researchers found that certain foods and nutrients protect against dementia.
- For example:
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin D, C, and E
- If you want to know more Check out these brain-boosting foods
- A healthy diet can help to take better and restful sleep.
- According to research People who consume high-fiber diets sleep deeply, longer, and soundly.
- Stop taking too much caffeine and alcohol
- According to researchers, diets rich in fiber and lean proteins promote weight loss.
- A person with overweight or obese is at a high risk of stroke, coronary heart disease, hypertension, osteoarthritis, certain mental health conditions, and cancers.
- So to prevent yourself from these diseases you have to eat healthy foods such as Fruits, veggies, and beans.
- Having a healthy diet can help a person stay within their daily calorie limit without counting calories.
Improved gut health
- Bacteria naturally present in the colon play an important role in digestion and metabolism.
- Some specific bacteria also produce vitamins B and K, which is very beneficial for the colon and fights hazardous bacteria and viruses.
- The foods which improve gut health are yogurt, almonds, olive oil, kefir, miso, etc
Reduced cancer risk
- Free radicals increase the risk of cancer in the body, but antioxidants help to remove them to lower the chances of this disease.
- To reduce the risk of cancer take foods rich in antioxidants. as they protect cells from damage.
- The foods include cabbage, Brussels, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, etc
- However, studies prove that these veggies are protective against neck and head cancers.
Tips for a healthy diet
- Here we’re sharing some healthy tips with you to improve your overall health.
- Eat egg, fish, and nuts ( rich in lean protein)
- Reduced processed meats ( high in salt )
- Herbal tea or water instead of soft drinks
- Consume fruit instead of juices
- Eat fresh food
- Add more veggies and fruits to the meal
- Avoid empty calories foods such as:
- Cookies and candies
- Cakes and donuts
- Energy drinks and alcohol
- Junk foods and fast foods
These all are the benefits of healthy diets that nourish your body. It not only better your mood, and improves the immune system but also reduces the risk of diseases such as obesity, stroke, heart disease, cancer, gut diseases, and dementia. Or you can consult a dietician or nutritionist for further tips for a healthy diet. So maintain a healthy diet and rule the world.